U.S. Rt. 30 is an east-west four-laned limited access freeway connecting to several major highways and interstates. U.S. Rt. 30 has a 93% travel reliability, per the Ohio Department of Transportation, which is the highest in the state. Due to reliability travel can be measured in minutes versus miles.
Crawford County is part of a region that is within 500 miles of major population centers or 60% of the U.S. population. This positions our county to be a day’s drive to much of the United States and a variety of markets.
Our county is accessible to major east coast, great lakes, and Ohio River ports. The area is well served by rail lines with major carriers including CSX Transportation, Norfolk Southern, Chicago, Fort Wayne, & Eastern Railroad, and Wheeling and Lake Erie Railway Co.
There are also five major airports within a two-hour drive.
- Port Columbus International Airport – 76 minutes from county seat
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport – 87 minutes from county seat
- Akron-Canton Airport – 90 minutes from county seat
- Port Galion-Crestline County Airport – 20 minutes from county seat
- Mansfield Lahm Municipal Airport – 34 minutes from county seat
With direct access to U.S. Rt. 30 and many state routes, Crawford County is conveniently located and uniquely positioned for economic success now and for years to come.